Friday, September 25, 2020

You Wanna Pizza Me?

I recently got the My Favorite Things Pizza Maker die and stamp set I've been eyeing for awhile. I started my obsessive pizza card making session with my first slim-line (long) card. Once you start die cutting these pizza pieces, you'll be like me and finding it hard to stop!




I ran the pizza dies through with a variety of colored cardstock and made piles of ingredients. There are pepperoni, onion, olives, mushrooms, cheese, sauce, crust and green pepper dies. There were two die cuts I guessed on, a small triangle shape that I think is pineapple and then a larger one that might be ham or tomato. I used a lot of my scrap cardstock, so the mushrooms were different colors of green and the pepperoni was a bright red and a darker red. But I just grouped the same color on each pizza.




For each crust (a variety of browns/tans), I intermittingly inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink so it looked like it came from a wood fired pizza oven. Then I started assembling the pizzas, and ended up with almost a dozen little pizzas with some leftover bits. For these cards, I used a shimmery silver paper for a pan on the right card and I trimmed a piece of wood paper into a pizza peel/paddle.



For this one, I put the pizza on a square of cardboard (kraft paper) like our local pizza joint serves theirs in the restaurant and made it into a pocket for a gift card.




The patterned papers are single sheets of picnic patterned paper I got from Scrapbook.com. The pizza paper is a single sheet from Michael's. I had a blast mixing and matching the pizzas and then the papers.




I typed out the Delivering Lots of Hugs sentiment, even though the sentiments from the stamp set are really cute. I hope my friends and family are all ready to get pizza cards this year!

Happy Friday!
Chark


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!