Friday, October 30, 2020

A Haunting We Will Go

Happy Halloween! Tomorrow's the big day and even though things are weird this year (thanks, Covid), it still needs to be celebrated with scary stuff. I'm actually a big baby and will do about anything to avoid scary movies—including seeing another movie by myself at a theater or making up chores at my sister's house. I avoided Pet Semetary and Silence of the Lambs in these ways, respectively. I prefer the cute Halloween stuff usually...like this free digi I drew a couple of years ago. You can right click and save and use or see her colored up on this post.


However, I do like being mildly scared. Like, I can actually watch the original Halloween because there's very little mayhem and blood. And I loved reading The Shining, though I literally took the book outside to sit in the sun to read when it got too scary. Oh, and I love a good vampire story/movie. But zombies freak me out and when my hubby and son watch The Walking Dead, I'm usually sitting at the computer, watching YouTube crafters. There are entirely too many squishing sounds on that show, btw.

Here's a mildly scary project I did for Halloween decor. I used two mdf gravestones from my stash, you can find similar ones here at Alpha Stamps to paint. I added creepy kid photos I found online.


And here's a cute little scene I colored with Prismacolors that I made with free digis from Useless Trinkets. You can head there to pick up some free digis, including coffee monster and chonky unicorns. Sooo cute! Thought about smoothing out the pencil marks but I actually like the look.


Lastly, I'm sharing my librarian daughter and the 5th grade teacher team as they dressed this year. What's better at Halloween than Scooby and the gang? My kid is the ghost...which we decided was a great Covid-year costume. Plenty of cover!


If you're in the mood for a YA graveyard audio book, I found Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book at my library and it's a great listen...it's also a great read. I did both! You can buy it here if you want.


A spookier YA novel is Frozen Charlotte, which I enjoyed, and even scarier, The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall. These books were fun and scary, which is my favorite kind of Halloween read. 


I'll leave you with this Halloween treat idea, because I love me some cake. Just make or buy a pound cake, add white frosting in criss-cross shape and add some M&M or candy eyes. Fast and fun! You can get the coffin template and a recipe here at Woman's Day.



Happy Halloween!
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!