Friday, December 18, 2020

Please, Sir, May I Have Some More Chocolate?

I had just purchased four large Hershey bars to give at Christmas to my nieces and nephews and on the same day, my Scrapbook.com package arrived with the Simple Stories 6x8 paper pad from the Simple Vintage North Pole collection. Since I wanted to play with the paper, I wrapped up the candy bars and in a few minutes, had some festive small gifts to go with gift cards.


These are the large bars that cost about $2.50 each. They are the ones you really shouldn't eat at one sitting or you'll be sick the rest of the night. All you have to do is pick a 12" background paper, cut to fit, wrap and glue. Then add your focal point and any bits you want, like flower stickers or washi like I did. Super fast and easy, especially if your supplies are handy. I keep all my Christmas papers, stickers, ephemera and other things together.


I think my favorite is this one, with the classic-looking Santa. 


And speaking of chocolate, I won a chocolate bar on Instagram from Johnny's Treasure Quest. Now, I didn't know at the time, but these aren't ordinary chocolate bars. The man who owns the candy bar company has made a Treasure Hunt in his home state of Michigan. Hidden inside some of the bars are silver tickets for a chance to go treasure hunting in parts of the state. This is from his website.

I have buried not only my entire jewelry store but thousands upon thousands of dollars of gold, silver, diamonds & antiques in various locations in Michigan from the bottom to the upper peninsula. Everything I have buried has a history and many memories attached to them that I have let go and placed in the ground for you to discover❤️

I received my free candy bar today and opened it immediately to see if I'd won. If you've ever seen Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (either version) or read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you can understand I was excited to take part in this treasure quest and crack open my chocolate bar. Alas, there was no silver ticket in my bar. However, as I'm an old fuddy-duddy, it was okay with me that my chocolate bar was just a delicious piece of candy. 😃


At any rate, if you want to take part in this fun quest, you can head here to their website to see what all the fuss is about. I'll just sit here and eat my chocolate.

Happy Friday!
Chark




 








1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!