Friday, May 28, 2021

Take Time To Smell The Roses

If it's nearly June in Ohio, it's time for my climbing roses to bloom. They're called The Seven Sisters and I bought two little shrubs on sale at the end of the summer one year for just $5 each. This was when I was a mom to one (22or 23 years ago) and my mom and I would take my daughter and visit the area garden centers. We usually went at the beginning of the growing season to get flowers for each other for Mother's Day and then at the end of the season to get deals.


My husband and I must've chosen the perfect area because these little roses seem to love this spot and grow vigorously each year. Some years are better for blooms than others, but this year is a good one.

I based my coloring of the Beautiful Roses Slimline digi from Alex Syberia on the color of my roses. I picked pinks and added a little coral and a little red for them and chose grays for the leaves.

I like to color one rose at a time, so here's a little peek into how I layered the color on the last two roses.





At the end of the process, I add in black shadows and white highlights if needed.


For the final card, I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and added it to cream/black patterned paper on a slimline card (3.5"x8"). I think graphic shapes really set off florals, so I gave it a shot with this one. The sentiment strip is a stamp/die set from Taylored Expressions. 


So, go out there and smell those roses—or maybe just color some!

Happy Friday!
Chark


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post Char!! Your roses are so beautiful!! I would love to go out and smell the roses too, but this year my allergies are killing me. Even antihistamine is not helping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...allergies are the Worst!! My daughter sometimes gets a steroid shot from the dr. to get her thru the season.

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!