Friday, May 21, 2021

This Blog Post, Yoda Likes

Today is Talk Like Yoda Day and if that's not a fun and also annoying way to spend the day, I don't know what is. Or should I say...Fun and annoying it is!

Today I'm sharing a Yoda/Star Wars card I made for my adult nephew awhile back. He loved SW back in the day and then my son, who is 9 years younger, also jumped on the SW bandwagon. This card uses Star Wars scrapbook paper and a little hand drawn Yoda I added. The letters are silver reflective and I watercolored Yoda.


My son, Ben, grew out of his obsession somewhat, but in the meantime, I learned sooo much Star Wars. We watched the movies, the cartoons, read the books and character guides, bought the toys and had light saber duels. We also had to listen to John Williams CDs, buy all the Legos and then assemble them and make things from the cookbooks. Our fave recipe is the one for Wookiee Cookies and we still make them. It's a little different from chocolate chip cookies, but so tasty! Turns out Star Wars is everywhere.


Ben was a toddler when Episode II, Attack of the Clones, came out and his love of Star Wars started with Yoda fruit snacks. First place he ever saw any SW stuff and I have to commend their marketing. There was Yoda cereal too. And it all started an obsession. Oh, did I mention that at about age 9 Ben  wanted to make a little Star Wars film and I had to act in it with him, while his dad filmed it? Yep!

When The Mandalorian came out, Ben misspoke and said The Mandarin, at which point, his sister made fun of him and I requested a meme of it from him. This is what I got. It was perfect.


I haven't seen any of this show, but I do already love The Child...aka Baby Yoda. How can you not? If you need a t-shirt to celebrate Talk Like Yoda Day, you can head here for these cuties.






And if you need some scrapbook paper to make a Star Wars card or page, head here, you must. (I can do this all day.) Give Talk Like Yoda Day a try and see just how fun and annoying you can be too!



A Happy Friday, you must have!
Chark





2 comments:

  1. Wow fun post, this is! Star War cookbook, I didn't know. How am doing so far!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolol, nice job, Cindy! Oh and there are multiple SW cookbooks!

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!