Friday, September 24, 2021

National Punctuation Day!&;!

As a huge reader and part-time writer and English major from The Ohio State University (Go Bucks!), I gotta tell you, the fact that there is a punctuation day makes me happy. When the book Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss came out, I had to pick it up. There's a kid version too.


There are some great memes too...here's an oldie but a goodie.


With all that said, there are some things that drive me crazy, though I'm not like my brother-in-law, Tracy, who will circle all your mistakes in your letters. Nor am I like my husband, Matt, who gets ol' red out to circle mistakes in work or business mail. My biggest problems come from apostrophes. Like you're and its...the mistakes with those words drive me crazy! It's always means it is and that never changes, so if the dog is wagging its tail, you cannot make the word mean it is, so leave out the apostrophe. And yes, I understand English grammar is weird and confusing, but you can't help your pet peeves. 

If you're looking for card ideas for the grammar police in your family, you could do worse than this one from Red Bubble. So many mistakes!


You could also get this card from Etsy...or if you're a cardmaker, try something similar and type it in the computer to print out your very own mistake-filled greeting.



One site that still makes me laugh is Cake Wrecks and these cakes with punctuation mistakes are just a sample of their grammar wrecks.





Too many problems here, but that extra L on Adventure super confuses me. What are your grammar pet peeves?

Happy Punctuation Day:'"? and

Happy Friday!
Chark













2 comments:

  1. but you may still need extra help from nutritional supplements and vitamins to live a long, happy life. This article gives you an overview of the Best Men’s Health Supplements and Vitamins that will support your health in 2022

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to share with you all here on how I got my loan from Mr Pedro who helped me with a loan of 400,000.00 Euro to improve my business, It was easy and swift when I applied for the loan when things were getting rough with my business. Mr Pedro granted me a loan without delay. Here is Mr Pedro, email/ pedroloanss@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!