Friday, September 10, 2021

Journaling Cards Aren't Just for Scrapbooking

I'm not sure why, but I love the packets of journaling cards that companies put out. They're meant for pocket scrapbooking—you just slide the artwork (sized for the pockets) into the slots and then add some photos to the other pockets. However, I'm not a huge pocket scrapbooker, though I have done a few pages. I mostly just buy the journaling cards! So, in order to justify the purchase and to use some of the cute cards, I've trimmed them to fit a standard card base and made greeting cards with some of mine.


I bought these at Scrapbook.com and they're super on sale right now, so here's a link (not affiliate) in case you want them. This first card uses the cutest cupcake card and I cut apart the word birthday and then outline the edges. The happy die is from Stamplorations. I also added Nuvo blue drops and used another card for the background.


This one just uses a few different cards and a sentiment strip I had from a pack. I think this one might need more bling. What's fun about using a pack is that they all match, so you can mix and match.


I think this one is my favorite. I used just one card, but I added glitter stenciling and the same happy die, along with mini letters from a sticker pack, and circle holographic stickers.


I used three cards on this one, but again, I feel I need some more bling. I do love the different-colored rainbows, though.


What item do you buy even though you technically can't use it all? Tell me I'm not alone!😆

Happy Friday!
Chark








1 comment:

I love hearing from my crafty friends!