Friday, February 8, 2019

Stamplorations Gave Me This Freebie

Well, actually, Stamplorations gave everyone this freebie on their site, along with a couple others. They are very generous with their free digital stamps. I printed this one in a couple sizes and then decided this would be good for a card front. 



I had the watercolor panel already made from a day playing with liquid watercolors from Hero Arts and so, after coloring and cutting the digi (with the Crazy Double Stitched frames dies from Stamplorations), using a scallop frame on the watercolor panel and finding some old text paper, I layered it all and am pretty happy with how it turned out.

I like how their stamps already have the text paper as part of the stamp and that reminded me to get some of my vintage books out and pick a page for the background. I used an old cookbook (1970s or 80s) that referenced an even older cookbook from colonial America for the recipes.

Here's a couple yummy ideas for your dinner tonight, courtesy of a Virginian housewife from the 1700s.



Now, I know people may still eat this, and my very own mother (who grew up on a farm in the 40s) actually ate cow brains, but oh, my, god. If I had to prepare this or eat this, well, I'd be a lot skinnier. 

And this seems like a perfect time to mention that mom also prepared some sketchy things in our home. I remember in the 1970s, being about 8 or so and lifting the lid of the crockpot to see what yumminess was in there—only to find a cow's tongue. Ewwww! Which is probably when I learned that brains had been on the menu when my mom was a kid. It was probably good, because why else would anyone eat it in the 1970s? But I assure you, I did not taste it.

Hopefully your dinner will be a little more appetizing than this. I made a soup for tonight that has turkey sausage (from the grocery store) and tortellini (from frozen) so I have the fortune to have spent all of 20 minutes preparing my dinner. The stove did the long simmering work. I'm feeling pretty thankful to be living in the 21st century right about now, how about you?

Happy Friday!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. I love your card, so much color and fun!

    My grandpa talks about enjoying some of those odd cuts of meat. I’ll pass.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!