Monday, June 10, 2019

June Means New Adventures

June is usually a time of graduations, weddings and vacations around here and I just got back from a family trip to Mississippi, which means I'll get to scrapbook that trip as soon as I order the pics. And it explains why this is a Monday post and not Friday...shhh! I know you can post date them, but I forgot.

In the meantime, I had a couple of graduation cards to make, so here's one using an old Tim Holtz movers and shapers die. Remember how fat they were? I don't have these dies, but it's the only pic I could find that showed how wide they are.



I don't even think they're making the movers and shapers dies anymore, but I love the globe die, so I dusted it off and made a card.


I used some vellum star paper from Pretty Little Studio and some vintage-y papers from my stash. The scalloped circle and the countries are from a brown shimmer cardstock and I used glossy accents on the countries. The word stickers are like these from Tim Holtz.

                                             

While I was digging in my stash, I found this office woman paper. I popped it up with foam tape and added text paper from a book behind it. The card was already printed with this coral zig-zag pattern. I think this would make a good "Congrats on your New Job" card.

I enjoyed looking through my stash for items to group together on a card...thinking I need to do more of this and less buying of new items. But who are we kidding...purchasing pretty stuff is part of the fun of cardmaking!

                                             

Here's a pic from our Mississippi adventure at the Natural History Museum in Jackson. They have a ton of museums in Jackson and that was a good thing, because when it's 93 degrees outside, I'm not traipsing around in the heat. These are little alligators just hanging out on top of each other to enjoy the heat.

Happy Monday,
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!