Friday, September 27, 2019

Get Ready for Ghost Hunting Day

So, tomorrow is Ghost Hunting Day and it seems appropriate to celebrate it near Halloween. But I gotta ask, if you believe in ghosts, why are you hunting them? Couldn't you somehow pick up a spirit that then follows you home? I admit I do not believe in ghosts really. I love the idea of haunting in the historical sense. I think it'd be cool to see a Victorian ghost, for example. But if I actually believed they were hanging around, I don't think I'd sleep well.

I do enjoy a good ghost hunting show once in a while. I think because the "hunters" always go to scary places and look for those old-time ghosts. You never see a show that tries to get the ghost that just died. I have to admit, I don't care for the Prisoner of War exhibit at the National Museum of The Air Force in Dayton, Ohio...I don't think it's because there are ghosts (though people claim the museum is haunted) but that the sadness and fear are somehow lingering in those items they have on display. Maybe that's a form of haunting, I don't know.

Here's a little ghost I doodled and offered up last year as a free digi, in case you're ready for cuteness on Ghost Hunting Day. Here's a link to a project I made with him.






And here's a card I made that features the free pumpkin (and witch) I also offered last year. I was trying to use up some of my Halloween stash and this little panel popped up, already colored, and I just added the sentiment stickers to finish it off, so it was a quick card.


The other Halloween card I used with my stash is this one, made with the same color palette, orange and teal with purple thrown in too. Everything is a sticker, except some bling that I had to glue on. So fast!


I'm enjoying the fun of playing with all the fun stuff in my Halloween box so don't be surprised if more projects pop up using Halloween stuff.

Happy Friday!
Chark


1 comment:

  1. How sweet is that ghost and your Halloween cards are terrific. I don’t recall that exhibit when I went to that museum. It just was soooooo big, we all enjoyed ourselves though.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!