Friday, October 11, 2019

Using My Stash Again

I've come to the realization that I am one of "those" crafters...I hoard my supplies. I buy pretty stuff, or cute stuff and then I just kind of look at it and store it...and I have some stamps and inks I haven't even used yet! When I first started in this hobby of scrapbooking and cardmaking, I knew everything I had, I only bought things when I needed to use them and never understood when someone accidentally bought something they already owned. Cut to ten years later and I am embarrassed to admit I have done this exact thing—horrors!


When I saw this meme, I had to share it...it's accurate...lolol. So, for World Cardmaking Day last week, I pulled out my bin of Pretty Little Studio products and used some of them to make a few cards. This one uses printed vellum, leaf printed cardstock and die cut flowers, along with some word stickers from PLS. The sequins are theirs too.




This next card I created for my sister-in-law...we're the same age and grew up in the 70s and 80s and I just know she got little gals like this vintage-looking one from PLS on her birthday cards when she was a kid. The doilies are printed vellum die cuts, and the paper and sentiment are PLS too.


The last card I made uses some different collections from Pretty Little Studio. I love their vintage stuff, but some of the newer and more modern pieces are so bright and colorful that I bought some of those too. Their printed vellum is absolutely my favorite. It's a nice, thick vellum and they have so many choices. These flowers are both die cuts and patterned paper that I trimmed. Don't you love the typewriter paper and the typewriter word vellum?


You might notice that I did no stamping on any of these cards, they are all die cuts and stickers. That makes things a little faster for me, as I'm not a talented stamper. I usually have to repeat a lot of it to get it right :) 

Hope you had a productive World Cardmaking Day too and that you have a chance to use up some of your never-before-used stash sometime soon.

Happy Friday!
Chark

2 comments:

  1. These are darling! Way to go in using some of the things you have previously hoarded. I am trying to do better with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!