Saturday, November 16, 2019

Doodlebug Christmas Cards

I have loved Doodlebug Designs forever...they have adorable graphics on every collection. If you're not into cute stuff, you're not going to be a big fan probably. But I am both those things! So I  made a few cards with my collection of Doodlebug products, most from the Milk and Cookies and Sugar Plums collections.

On these cards, I did no stamping on the front and just stamped a greeting inside, so they came together so quickly. This one uses a gingerbread boy die cut and stickers, along with Doodlebug paper in a 6x6 pad.


The paper on this one is from another paper pack...I think it's just one from Tuesday Morning last year. I cut a lot of them up into card panels and I don't have the pack anymore. Sorry about that. The little house and stickers are from Doodlebug Design, as are the pink and dotted papers. The sentiment is printed from the computer.


Santa is from a sheet of 12x12 Doodlebug paper and cut down to card size, and the candy can, star and speech bubble are stickers from Doodlebug. I added glossy accents to the white parts of his hat for a little fun.


This last card uses an adorable Santa paper (from the 6x6 pad) and a sentiment sticker from Doodlebug. The ribbon is theirs too. I added little flat holographic stickers for shininess.


These cards are on their way to nursing home residents via the Caring Hearts Card Drive that Vera Yates (Ling) runs every year. I love participating and I get the family involved with signing and delivering the cards when we need to. 



This card drive runs each year, so if you have any Christmas cards to pass on to seniors, check out her blog here. This year's collection has ended but October will be here again before we know it and it's such a lovely thing to participate in. She also takes monetary donations for the shipping and I just threw in a $5 bill this year. It's heavy to send large boxes of cards around the world!

Happy Saturday!
Chark




3 comments:

  1. Soooooo cuuuuuute! I love your sweet cards! I sent a big bundle of cards to Caring Hearts too. My favourite card drive and my fifth year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Awesome—I think it’s my 4th year. 😃

      Delete
    2. I checked and it's my 6th year! Vera's so great to do this so long :)

      Delete

I love hearing from my crafty friends!