Friday, April 3, 2020

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World so Let's Art Journal—Journaling with Julie 1

The world is all kinds of nuts right now...the Corona virus is keeping everyone at home and on edge and we've had some personal stuff going on here too, so I've been awol from the blog. HOWEVER, I'm back and ready to get back into the swing of things every Friday here on the blog.

My sister, Julie, lives in New Jersey and she's a crafty chick too and while texting one night we found out we had the same art journaling book...so we decided to each do the chapters together. It's so fun! It's this cool book by Tamara Laporte.



The first lesson is a butterfly with a lot of thought and introspective and then you follow the steps to create the page. This is my process. I went with a 2-page spread and used my Distress Oxides spray inks, along with some Dylusions spray inks.


Then you add some stencils and water and more spray inks.


Then you Zentangle in a butterfly and, if you're me, you add rhinestones. I also added white gel pen, chipboard words and written words.


Obviously, my sister had different spray inks and stencils and she actually does Zentangle doodles so ours are different, but they both turned out dandy! 


It was super fun and interesting to do long-distance but together. We've never been able to take a class together, so this was kinda the same thing. With less poking at each other. I imagine we'd be picking at each other and elbowing each other and borrowing each other's stuff. But it'd be a blast, so one of these days, we'll have to try to do a real one.

Wishing you calmness and health during this weird, mad time.

Happy Friday,
Chark









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my crafty friends!